Sky High RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sky High RPG

The Roleplay site where hero's become superhero's! Graduate and join the quest in fighting supervillians or be a supervillian yourself!

You are not connected. Please login or register

This sounds awkward to me. Does it sound awkward to you? ((Talia, possible PG-13))

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thomas Ellis

Thomas Ellis

Things were getting noisy, and it was all Thomas’ fault. Well, ok, it was only because he was practicing his powers again in the fields. He had set up some dummies, and walked into the center of the area, guitar slung over his back, with the neck pointing down towards the ground. He currently was wearing dark blue jeans, an equally dark blue denim, button up shirt (long sleeve), and a tan fishing vest over the shirt, as well as some leather cowboy boots, steel toed. He also had a baseball bat in his right hand.

Charging at a dummy, Thomas let out a war whoop, and gave three quick ‘slashes’ at the torso of the dummy. Dropping the bat, the boy then swung the guitar around and shredded what he thought a “kicky little number” as he brought his foot back, the tip of his boot covered with sonic energy, and kicked the dummy in the chest, a little move Thomas called the Rock Kick. He swung his guitar behind him, and kicked his bat upward, and caught it, charging another dummy. Tossing the bat at it, as though he intended to distract it, he then slid towards it on his knees about five feet, hammering notes from the guitar he now had on his lap. Flashing the Devil’s Horns at the dummy, the sonic energies were released, and the dummy was blasted backward. Getting up, Thomas retrieved his bat and replaced his guitar on his back. That move used to hurt him rather badly, but it stopped hurting once his knee calluses started coming in. “now for my last trick…” Thomas said to himself. Getting on his knees, he then leaned back till his back was on the ground, his guitar pointing to the sky, as he played the guitar solo for Megadeth, Tornado of Souls, a sonic vortex starting to build around him, pulling dummies towards him, causing dust to fly around him, like he was at the center of his own little twister. Any dummies in a ten foot radius that weren’t pulled into the cyclone were buffeted by 15 mile per hour winds, while the less lucky dummies were sent to the top of the vortex at the very end of the solo. What Thomas did next was incredibly simple. He merely stopped the vortex. Oh sure, he could have sent the vortex moving on a path of destruction, but the school was a bit close for that. When the tornado stopped, the dummies in the air fell to the ground in pieces.

“I’m done.” Thomas said, and went to the cafeteria. He fetched his baseball bat, but he pretty much left his stuff in his locker before heading in the dining area. Thomas got himself some steak, potatoes, and green beans, and sat down at a table by himself, and started eating. He finished two plates of this, and was chowing down on a third when someone surprised him by sitting next to him. he glanced to his side, and saw this young girl sitting next to him. she had brown hair that was rather wavy, as though the wind spent it’s spare time flowing through it, but her skin was rather pale. Her eyes were grey, in a face that was rather roundish, but in a nice way. In fact she seemed like… Well, Thomas tried to think of some way of putting it that would nail her, but she seemed like another gem in a jewelry store, but with its own hidden luster. It must have been her eyes. Thomas had a weakness for nice eyes. Not really certain how to make conversation, as he was a bit of a social outcast (note he was hitherto sitting by himself at a table), he raised his hand in greeting, and screwed up verbally. “Mae govannen.” Instantly, he regretted it. Who spoke elvish outside of his family? Nobody, that’s who. “Erm, sorry. What I meant to say was hello. My name is Thomas. Sorry about the Elvish. It’s a habit I got from my sister. So what’s your name?” Thomas kinda rushed his words, but he was nervous, so he cut himself some slack.

((Solo I was reffering to can be found Here!!))

Talia Collins

Talia Collins

Ugghh! Talia Collins was feeling like an utter loner.She had plenty of friends but she had a select group of people she normally sat with but one of them was in lunch detention,one was sick,and the other three were in some stupid drama that Talia wanted no part of what-so-ever.So today she was trying to find somewhere to sit she felt awkward not having a definite place to sit.Holding her binto box she finally just decided to chose a random table and suck it up.She could feel her face burning,she felt like the biggest loser in the world.

Suddenly she heard a voice from beside her,“Mae govannen.” she turned around to see a boy wearing dark clothes,older than her,but definitely cute.She became so caught up in his appearance that she at first didn't realize that she didn't understand what he had just said.

“Erm, sorry. What I meant to say was hello. My name is Thomas. Sorry about the Elvish. It’s a habit I got from my sister. So what’s your name?” he said,Talia thought it was kinda...well cute that he had started talking in Elvish.

"Oh,no,it's fine.My name's Talia."she said feeling her face burn again at the fact that she was talking to a cute,older boy.She blushed and began nervously brushing her finger tips through the tips of her hair.She tried to remember everything she could about flirting.

"Uh what's your power?"she asked feeling stupid. What a boring question! she thought criticizing herself.

((Talia's outfit,minus the beanie))

((Sorry for the shortness))

Thomas Ellis

Thomas Ellis

Thomas felt nervous, but it only seemed natural to him. a rather cute girl sitting next to him? that was about as likely as Thomas being a half-blood, or the Doctor picking him up in the TARDIS. She seemed rather nice. Thomas found himself tossing his head back slightly, tossing back his hair some to get it out of his face. “Talia… nice name.” Not really knowing what to say next, Thomas sipped at his glass of root beer when she asked him what his power was.

“Oh, uh… sonic kinesis is the technical term, I believe… it means I basically have complete and total control over any types of noise whatsoever. Seriously.” Thomas bent his thought to it, and it would appear to Talia that the cafeteria had fallen dead silent. “I just put a dead zone around me in a five foot radius. We can’t hear anything outside the bubble, and they can’t hear anything we say.” Thomas removed the dead zone, and the cafeteria resumed appeared to resume its noisy state. ‘I can also do shockwaves with sound, and a few other things. What’s your power?”

Thomas listened as she described her powers, food forgotten as he listened to her. When she had finished talking, Thomas nodded gently. “could I get you something to drink, or is that water ok?” After her talk, he felt he needed to do some talking to make it more of a conversation, as opposed to a listening contest. “Well, something I find useful with my sound powers is I never need to plug in an amplifier in order to play guitar.”

Talia Collins

Talia Collins

Talia's stomach was in knots,she didn't feel she was very good with guys.She was too shy,it just happened that this one said something first (thank-god!). He didn't seem too cool either,which was good,liking popular guys was really hard because they're friends were always around.

When he complemented her name she simply said thank-you,her palms were sweating everything she did felt awkward.When she asked Thomas about his power he replied “Oh, uh… sonic kinesis is the technical term, I believe… it means I basically have complete and total control over any types of noise whatsoever. Seriously." and suddenly the whole cafeteria went silent.Talia looked around in amazement to find that though mouths were moving no sound seemed to coming out.“I just put a dead zone around me in a five foot radius. We can’t hear anything outside the bubble, and they can’t hear anything we say.” he added.‘I can also do shockwaves with sound, and a few other things. What’s your power?”,Talia that that was cool and responded by saying "Telekinesis,I can move things with my mind."

Since Thomas had given a sample of his power Talia decided she should as well.She scanned the room and her eyes finally landed on some lunch trays she made then fly over and back.Feeling very week and unimpressive.She looked at her lap in embarrassment.

“could I get you something to drink, or is that water ok?” Thomas asked "Oh no I'm fine" Talia replied smiling.“Well, something I find useful with my sound powers is I never need to plug in an amplifier in order to play guitar.” he added :Oh really that"s awesome!I could never have enough coordination play." Talia replied blushing,her food long forgotten.

Thomas Ellis

Thomas Ellis

"Oh, really?" Thomas replied to her power. She was more powerful than most, he would guess. While some had powers over a certain thing, like Thomas with sound, she could control anything she so chose. it depended on how fine her control was over her powers. Thomas already saw ways for her to make lightning bolts, fireballs, storms, tornados... it all depended on whether or not she had enough finesse to control things on a molecular level.

Thomas opened his mouth, then, the bell rang. Thomas cursed in Sindarin. "We're out of time." Digging in his pocket, the conduit pulled out a piece of paper, which he handed to her. on it was a date and time down in the town. Thomas would be playing at one of the restaurants as a job, and was giving her a silent invitation. Then, he gave her a small wink, and went to class.

((Sorry, lost muse for this thread))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum